Friday, December 19, 2008

Turning 40 and other such things...

I am a longish way away from turning 40, but I am currently in Ontario celebrating my bro-in-law's birthday. There have been a lot of conversations around turning 40 and its made me think. One conversation with my father-in-law about his turning 40 was very interesting. He had certain goals around financial issues, family stuff etc and he hadn't quite made it at 40...so for him 40 was a disappointment. But at 41, he had achieved it. Since I just signed up for a 30 yr mortgage, it would be a miracle for us to be debt free by 40, but who knows?

I started thinking about what I wanted at 40:
2 healthy, beautiful daughters aged 11 and 9
1 wonderful hubby aged 39 1/4
A job that made me smile
A savings account
More smile wrinkles and gray hair
A body that was healthy

That is it so far, check back in a couple of years to see if the list changed!

No comments: