Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st full day of school

Both my babies were at school today. Pookie for the whole day and Bear for the morning. It was pouring rain and kinda suited my mood. Although I've joked about longing for freedom for myself, the reality is that it is heartbreaking to send your babies to school! Here are a couple of shots from today. Please excuse the first one since I forgot that the camera was on manual and they were both embarrassed that I was taking a picture IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!



Pookie at her desk at the front of the class...



Bear at the sand table at preschool...



The other side effect of having kids at school was the overwhelming urge to pray for them constantly..especially for Pookie as she navigates this new world of all day school. I am not a prayerful person by nature, but this may very well turn me into a woman of prayer! Ahh, school...such a mixed bag of blessings!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Great shots of your girls! Yes, exciting stuff, this sending our treasures off to school. I was thinking the EXACT same thing about the overwhelming urge to pray for them constantly! I don't think God has hear from me that much in a day before! :P

Nadia said...

I am so thankful for a smiling girl at the end of her first full day of school. She was eager to tell me all the things she did! Thank you Lord!

Cakes said...

YAY! They look adorable! Yes, school is both a blessing and a curse. It is so hard when they are opened up to the outside world and we can no longer control their influences. Prayer is the perfect response.