Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts for the New Year

I'm pondering the idea of having a 2012 theme verse. I'm not usually that holy, but in living a year where Psalm 127 became very meaningful, the idea is more appealing. However, like how Psalm 127 entered our life, I wanted it to be more of an organic coming to a verse, rather than an exhuastive search or a mindless open bible - pick verse method.

Since I'm a visual person, I was excited to find Word Designs. (My favorite is his 1 Timothy design) This guy struggled reading Scripture like me. So as a graphic designer, he decided to read through the bible and create a design for each book. I loved his idea and am doing it through the book of Matthew currently. I may post some of those designs later. But, I came across this verse in First Corinthians 14:19 and turned it into a design a month or so ago. And I kept coming back to this verse and thinking on it in terms of all the aspects of my life: as a wife, mother, employee, daughter, sister, friend and as a woman. So this is my verse...

First Corinthians 14:19 - To make this verse more holistic, I am replacing the word 'church' with 'life'. (although, I'm including church in my life!)

But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

Blessings to you in this New Year!

2 comments:

ACJ said...

I like this a lot. It made me wish I had been more thoughtful today. Alas, twas not to be but I will keep my ears open for a God who can speak louder than my life.

Nadia said...

Thanks ACJ. Like most faith things, this has been mulling about in my mind for a bit. I join you in being tuned to the whisper of God in life.