Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Queendom for some earplugs!!!!

My children are loud. I blame my Hubby's gene pool for this fact. They squeal, yell, laugh and talk all at a volume louder than I consider reasonable. This was highlighted today during a visit from G and his parents. G and Pookie were supposed to be born right around the same day in the summer of 2003. G appeared nearly a month early, surprising both his parents and the other 2 couples that were expecting at the same time. Hubby set up Pookie's crib 2 days after G's arrival just in case.

The girls joyfully greeted G and rushed him around the house since it was G's first visit since we moved out of the city. The poor guy didn't know what hit him. I don't know if he got 2 words in the whole visit. G's parents were a bit surprised too, especially at how loud Bear is. It would be interesting to hear what G thought on the ride home!

The other issue is that the girls talk from the moment their feet hit the floor in the morning till about an 1 hour after I put them to bed. One article I read states that women talk 3 times the amount of men..about 20 thousand words per day. I don't. Probably not even close. Hubby uses all his words, then some of mine. I get a bit tired of all these words since I figure about half of the time it is bickering. (a whole other post) Combine the loudness and all the words and it is amazing what this house is like sometimes! Every once in a while I call a word time out so that we hear some silence.

But the reality is that I wouldn't change it for the world...although sometimes I wouldn't mind a volume control button.

2 comments:

Cakes said...

ohhh! I have total "Word Wasters" in my house! Drives me crazy! Chowder is one of the worst.

must institute word time-out.

The Adventures Ashley said...

nadia..i love reading this. thanks for always being real...it is so refreshing