Thursday, July 14, 2011

How does your garden grow?

At Christmas and my birthday I received seeds, books and other garden stuff. I dreamt and planned for weeks what I would grow and designed and redesigned my garden. Then we had the Noah's ark version of spring where it rained until mid June. Way past prime planting season. On the few dry days we did have, I planted peas, carrots, lettuce and Good Friday potatoes...most of which rotted in the ground. I lamented to Hubby that all that we would have these year was peas (which loved the cold damp), potatoes and garlic. All my seedlings that flourished in my warm, dry solarium succumbed to blight and rot when transplanted into the never ending rain,

Then, finally the sun showed up. And Bear and I got our first harvest! She was especially proud of her potatoes!

No comments: