Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day

There is so much going on in the world and media right now about the rights or lack thereof of women. From being called a slut for wanting birth control pills to hateful comments about the 5 women to watch in religion to the ongoing fact that it is just harder to be a women in this world...

Here are a couple great reads on this:

Top things I want my daughter (kids) to know

Thank God I am a man and not a woman..(trust me on this, don't let the title stop you)

I'm not a radical feminist, though I feel strongly about women's issues. What I do tend to rant about is the equal giftedness of humankind regardless of gender, race or sexuality. It was quite disheartening to read the media this week, especially with International Women's Day falling right in midst of this firestorm...

I am reminded again what a daunting task it is to raise daughters. I think raising kids in general is a monumental task, but it is really weeks like these that drive it home for me.

What do I want my daughters to know and how do I instill this in them when I feel like I'm just learning myself?

No comments: