Thursday, October 18, 2007

Introducing Pookie and Bear

Pookie is my firstborn. The one I practise on. In the early years, everyone said she looked like her dad, except for the fact that she has dark eyes and hair like me. She is goreous! Of course, now anyone who looks at Bear realizes that she is a mini-daddy and Pookie looks just like me. Whatever.



Pookie is 4. However, she can instantly rewind to 2 (complete with temper tantrums) or fast forward to 14 (complete with eye rolling and "Whatever Mom!") Pookie loves Dora and Disney Princesses, beautiful dresses and doing her hair. Pookie is the perfect example of nature vs nurture. I don't think I ever played with dolls, care less about my hair (to this day) and don't like to wear dresses. However, Pookie is all girl. And it's pretty cool. Pookie is an extrovert like PapaBear. If she stays at home with us too long, it's never pretty. The best thing is to get her out in a crowd. She is an angel in public and a terror at home. And I'm pretty sure she is addicted to TV. All that said, Pookie is a great mix of fire and ice, she is too smart for us and I think she knows it!



Bear is our second born, she just turned 2. She has a crazy mass of curls and striking green eyes that she gets from her grandmothers. People literally stop to comment on her hair constantly. It is pretty entertaining since PapaBear shaves his head bald and I have short black hair. Bear is our touchy feeling kid. She is also a complete introvert like her mamabear. Touch is the one thing that grounds Bear and makes her able to handle everything. She has got her daddy's grin, which she flashes all the time to get her out of trouble. She is at a fun age where everything is exciting.



Pookie and Bear are pretty cool. They can drive each other crazy and then turn around and play like angels. Papabear and I are positive that we are in a world of trouble in a few years. Life with these two will never be boring.

1 comment:

Chris, Kellee, Tyler, JJ, and Emilee said...

hey so glad to read your thoughts...it's kind of fun isn't!