Saturday, August 9, 2008

Conversations with a five year old.

I was telling Pookie the story of how as a 2 year old, she took my wedding ring and "lost" it. So now I wear a simple silver band that I bought myself as a 21 year old as my wedding ring. Hubby had let it slip that he had been shopping around for a new band, but the one he like was $1000, which is about $989 more dollars than we have! My point to Pookie was that we didn't have that money to spend and that we could wait till we did. This conversation followed:
"Mom, why do you say we are poor? Look around you at all this stuff we have!" (Picture mounds of princess stuff)
"I didn't say that we were poor, I said we didn't have money to buy a ring. God has always provided enough for us to take care of you and Bear."
"Well of course Mom, He loves us..." (complete with eye roll and sighing)

Ahh, the wisdom of a five year old!

2 comments:

Cakes said...

Ain't it the truth.

Niki said...

Love it! Maybe she has a princess ring you could borrow? ;P