Thursday, November 26, 2009

Advent is a'coming!


I didn't grow up in a home that celebrated Advent or Christmas as Jesus' birthday. I think sometimes that drives me to find traditions for my little family that will be both memorable and Christ filled. I have been doing the Advent candles with the girls for the past few years, but this year I wanted to do something a bit more. Then a friend blogged about an idea and I think I'm going to do it.

The Advent Activity Calendar from the Kiddley archives gives lots of ideas of what to do.

What would you add to the list?

2 comments:

neighbourhood.gal said...

Good copy job! And good job grabbing the photo. I always forget how much better posts look with a nice photo.

I'll share my finished list with you (once it is finished) if you'll share your ideas with me!

Lisa said...

I have an advent paper chain that I send home with my students (and have done with my own kids). It has a Bible verse for each day and a simple activity (hug someone, set the table, make a card etc). Each day they take a numbered strip, read the Bible verse and do the activity. Then they turn it into a loop and make a chain. Let me know if you'd like a copy and I can email it to you.