Friday, February 8, 2008

Lent and turning 34

I'm a firm believer that too many things/celebrations on one day can ruin a day. Take this coming Saturday for example, we have 2 birthday parties - 1 for each girl, a ballet class, soccer registration and my alumni basketball tournament. That is a lot for a day. We have to bring on hired help to manage this day! It is ridiculous.

This past Wednesday was Ash Wednesday(the beginning of Lent), Chinese New Year and my 34th birthday. So what did I do??? Nothing. Nada. Didn't celebrate my birthday because hubby dear was away at a conference. (Although a friend made me a beautiful chocolate cake at our single moms group) Forgot Lent and didn't think of what to give up. Realized it was Chinese New Year when Pookie came home with a lucky red envelope from preschool.

Missing these events is not the end of the world, I get that. But, it did make me sit back and think about our lives and how busy they can get.

I wonder if I can give up busy-ness for Lent???...

1 comment:

Niki said...

Wow, you are some popular people! I don't think we have never had that many engagements on one day!!!

Coffee and a yummy shared dessert? We need to carve some time out for a quiet, relaxed birthday celebration!