Saturday, February 16, 2008

Superstar Hubby!!!

Earlier this week, Hubby and I had one of "those" conversations about our marriage. You know, the kind of conversation that makes you squirm, panic and want to throw up? Any way, we shared about those hidden expectations that we have for each other, our marriage and our family. The hidden expectations that neither of us knew about but expected the other to fulfill? I know, good relationship stuff...

So, the day before Valentines, hubby came home with flowers for all his girls. Very cute and the girls loved it. Pookie, Bear and I had spent the week crafting cards for everyone we knew, and I had also bought the girls a card and chocolate. We all worked on Daddy's candy & cookie jar. Valentine morning, we exchanged cards with the girls and I gave hubby his present...but there was nothing for me. Not a super big deal since I had gotten flowers the night before.

So, that night I came home late with the girls. We put them to bed and I went to my bedroom to change. When I came back to the living room, hubby had set up a little table with flowers, candles, champagne glasses, a bottle of 'special' juice and homemade chocolate covered strawberries. Very sweet. We had a chance to share about our day (hubby's secret expectation) and just be with each other. I love this man. He loves me and the girls enough to start awkward conversations and to try to live up to my 'secret' expectations. I am one lucky woman.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Oh Nadia! This post makes me smile big just sitting here "watching" Barney next to my daughter! Though those conversations often begin in that feel-sick-to-my-stomach way, look how great they turn out!! Glad you and Jeff were able to connect with your man in a special way and communicate things that will last a long time!

Let's do a coffee "staff meeting" again soon! (Just not at the ABC in Ladner!)

Nadia said...

I'm with ya Niki...we need to hang out in a place that doesn't try to boot us out before 10 pm!

Niki said...

Amen!

And who doesn't charge 15 bucks for a crappy dish of pasta! :P