Monday, May 5, 2008

Big changes afoot...

I don't even know how to start this post.  This has been the craziest month of my life and I am exhausted and very emotional about it.  The long and short of the matter is that I've resigned from being a pastor and we are moving out of our city to the suburbs.  There is no ONE reason that we are doing this, (though people keep trying to pin me down to one) it is a whole host of things:
  • It is family and marriage, 
  • work and play, 
  • extended family and friends, 
  • church and ministry, 
  • camp and responsibilities
  • new job and school dreams
See?  It is so simple...

My family longs for space and green, a new place to worship and connect with community, to be closer to grandparents etc.  I long for space and green, but I love my church and my ministry.  I love my community.  And it is tearing me up to leave.  But it is time.  Our season here is done.  12 years.  There IS joy mingled with sorrow.  We are moving to a good place, a bigger home near family and good friends.  Pookie will be going to a good school, and Bear will start preschool near us.  There is goodness in the move.  But first I need to mourn.

3 comments:

g. mango said...

We will miss you, Koop. Bonne chance with all the new and exciting things coming up in the next few months.

Cakes said...

Wow.
That is huge! Many prayers for your transition and your discernment for your new ministry.

Niki said...

Praying for you and your fam during this time of big change!