Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Umbrella etiquette

I live in a rain forest, the West Coast of Canada.  8 months of the year it rains.  I've embraced the rain.  I've bought fun rubber rain boots to stomp in puddles, a bright green all weather jacket to keep me warm and dry, and a funky hat.  What I don't have is an umbrella.  That is because I'm usually pushing a stroller and/or holding little hands as we walk.  So, I'm usually soaked after a walk to preschool or work or shopping.

What I don't understand is the folks who HAVE umbrellas and their incessant need to also walk under the store awnings...thus forcing me, the umbrella-less one, to walk out in the rain.  Do they not understand the concept of umbrellas???  That if they step out into the rain, they will not get wet because of the aforementioned umbrella?
Umbrella etiquette people.  Seriously!

I think that I am extra grumpy about this because it is mid May and I am soaked to the skin slogging to preschool and back.

Spring, oh Spring
Wherefore art thou Spring?