Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year's thoughts...better late than never.

I've been pondering whether or not to make a New Year's resolution or not.  I'm not really all that good at keeping them, so why bother?  But as I kept thinking about 2009, one word kept coming to mind.  Posture.  It took me a really long time to figure out what that meant. Here's what posture means to me:
Physical Posture:  I have terrible posture.  The more stressed I am, the worse it is.  So I want to work on my physical posture because I am raising Amazon beauties (otherwise known as Pookie and Bear).  They are destined to be tall, and I want them to stand up straight, proud and tall.
Spiritual Posture: I need to regain a worshipful posture.  I need to take a posture of humbleness and waiting before God.  I need to relearn how to be in the presence of God.
Emotional Posture: I want to become more balanced in my emotional posture instead of having wild swings.
Posture of a Mother: Less nagging, more listening.  Less busyness, more play.
Posture of a Wife: Less nagging, more listening.  Less excuses, more loving.

So, there you go.  2009, the year of Posture.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that, Nad. LOVE it. I think it is a fabulous word, and inspiring. By the way, I'm also a crock pot lover, so go girl. :0 Nic Huggins

The Adventures Ashley said...

it is good to hear you...
i'll let you work them all out, i just wante to suggest pilates for physical posture. i have been doing it to help reduce my baby belly and it has made my posture amazing (after only 3 times!)