Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A rubberband I am...

Woken up early by Bear
Drove Hubby to work
Get kids fed, dressed & clean
Try to wake up overnight guest
Search through the house for library books
Try to wake up overnight guest
Get kids into coats and boots cause its snowing again
Give up on trying to wake up overnight guest (teenager...I don't know why I even tried!)
Go to story time at the library
Let kids choose books
Listen to whining about said books
Let girls check out their own books
Grab books from their hands and do it myself
Go home
Let kids play in snow while I make lunch
Feed lunch and clean up
Make snack for Pookie's kindergarten afternoon
Get Pookie to school
Enjoy a cup of tea and chat with awake overnight guest (so great!)
Play game with Bear and guest
Have good friends stop by for quick visit. (one of the best parts of moving to the burbs)
Say goodbye to overnight guest
Load up Bear to go get Pookie
Pick up straws for Pookie's class
Let Bear stomp in the snow and carry straws
Pick up half a carton of straws that Bear dropped into the snow
Frantically count to make sure there is enough clean ones for the milkshakes
Pick up Pookie
Make smoothies and snacks
Go to swimming lessons
Come home to make dinner
Listening to Pookie freak out because she finally decided to learn her bible verse 45 min before class.  Irritate each other trying to learn it.  Pass Pookie to Hubby, I take Bear and her verse.
Run around home looking for uniforms while trying to make dinner
Begin to yell at the girls for their poor searching skills
Sit them down at the table, slam food in front of them and tell them to eat.
Hubby quietly tells me to calm down...
SNAP!  

It is really not like any one thing caused my melt down.  It was more like I was being stretched all day and finally hit my snapping apart point.  It was so bad I had to go upstairs for 10 min to calm down.  By the time I came down, the girls were quietly finishing dinner, Hubby was cleaning up and they were getting ready to head to church.  Hubby grabbed me into a big hug, whispered some loving words and gave me the evening at home alone as a gift.  I managed to get the girls dressed and kissed them goodbye.  When they came home, they were so eager to tell me about their night, verses said and prizes given.  My girls are God's Grace to me in the flesh.  

Now if I could just learn to let the tension out the rubberband a bit more gently...

3 comments:

Niki said...

This might be my favorite post of your, Nadia! Wow, ya. I'm all over that "rubberband phenomenon"! It always seems to sneak up on me!

Glad you were able to have the evening to yourself and then experience your kids love and adoration. It really is a wonderful blessing how forgiving children are.

Off to enjoy my last few minutes of my child-free Quiet Time, which is my best chance to release the tension building in my rubber band. :)

Lisa said...

Who of us moms (or dads) have not BTDT SO many times.
You are not alone! Thanks for the honest post that we can relate to.
We miss you guys!

Cakes said...

ahhh yes. I know it well. Glad we have such good hubbies to support us through it.