Monday, March 31, 2008

The dreaded ear infection

I have lived in a world free of ear infections. I listened to stories of friends and their children who seem to get them every 2 weeks with sympathy and a tiny bit of smugness at my ear infection-free life. Then it happened.

Bear has been snot nosed and coughing for a few days. This afternoon she went for a nap and woke up screaming about her left ear. So, we packed up and headed to the walk in clinic. Sure enough, it was infected. The doctor made me look. "See that all that red? That's not supposed to be there" OK, good. So prescription in hand, we trekked down another block to get the medicine. The whole time Bear is crying, 'I'm really sick Mom'...Ugh, it breaks your heart! The problem is that Bear hates taking medicine and right now doesn't want anything. So, Hubby (who by that time had gotten my message regarding Bear and wisely came home early) had to hold her down as we forced the meds into her. Then she promptly fell asleep on his shoulder after covering his shoulder with mucus.

It was right about then I decided to order pizza for dinner.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Feeling better, Bear?

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.