Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chasing the money. . .

Hubby and I are blessed, for sure. We have 2 beautiful daughters, a roof over our heads, food in the pantry and good friends and family. We even have jobs we enjoy. But here is the kicker, not once in our almost 11 year marriage have we been "ahead" in the money game.

For the first 7 years of our marriage we were missionaries, dependant on the generosity of family, friends and churches. Then we did various ministry jobs that we LOVED, but paid...ummm...not so well...This past spring we were starting to get ahead, slowly but surely. Mostly on the back of Hubby who is amazing and doing lots. Then last Thursday I got half my work hours taken away due to recession/budget cuts at my work. We are so thankful that I still have work, but now are faced with re-thinking what I should do in terms of finding more work or not.

As I write this, there is a slim possibility that a friend of a friend will want to buy our apartment in Vancouver. And another slim chance that I will apply and get a job that would be full time and pretty good paying...But here is the thing. Every single time Hubby and I have 'chased the money' the door has been slammed shut. And furniture piled against it, so that we know that it is not opening.

So, here I sit, trying to hold both the job and apartment in open hands so that God can work in me/us and through me/us. But every so often I am tempted to curl my fingers around these things and try to manipulate it or own it or control it or dream about it.

Ahhh...this must be one of those wait on God things that I'm so horrible at....

(edited to note: just got the email back from the potential buyer, and it is a no go)

1 comment:

Niki said...

Praying the right doors are opened and closed for you. And that you can wait on God for the answers.