Thursday, February 11, 2010

Conquering one of my fears


Today I did something that I swore I'd never do. Go to a chiropractor.

I've had a 'neck thing' for about 15 years. Usually I manage it with copious amounts of Advil and hot packs. But since I'm heading towards 40, my body apparently needs more. Monday and Tuesday, I could barely move. So, I googled my options in my 'hood and found a place whose website I like. (Such a great way to choose eh?)

The diagnoses is this:

My neck is straight where it should be bent.
My back is bent where it should be straight.
Got that?

Now, the whole reason I've stayed away from chiropractors is because of the whole neck cracking method that they have. There is something about my already sore neck getting wrenched around and cracking to make it feel better. I don't know about you, but it seem counter intuitive to me!

So, I explained this to the Dr as I sat in his office in a pink gown. He said he understood. And then proceeded to crack everything in my back except my neck. This involved many convoluted positions, one of which seemed a little too close to another position that involves the love of my life. (TMI? Sorry about that). My neck got the stretch of it's life, plus a little massage to loosen the muscles.

Apparently I will be quite sore tomorrow. Looking forward to it.



3 comments:

Juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadia said...

Juli - Do you go here in Ladner? I know at this point I couldn't relax enough to let him 'crack' my neck!

Lisa said...

Sorry about the neck, TMI on the methods relating to hubby and ~~cyber advil~~ and hotpacks for you today!!
Miss you guys!