Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sushi on the cheap

I was walking through our local grocer the other day and noticed a huge display of sushi kits for $2. Being a good Dutch woman, I went to investigate this deal. The kit comes with a white or brown rice bowl, nori(seaweed strips) and soy sauce.( I chose the brown) I thought it would be a fun experiment.

The kit and my ingredients, cucumber, yellow pepper and spicy Thai tuna



Microwave the rice for one minute, then spread on nori


Add ingredients and attempt to roll --here's my first try!


Sadly, I never mastered the perfect roll, but ended up with 10 pieces of yummy sushi!


Please excuse the poor picture quality, my DSLR needs a tune up and this was the best I could do with our 7 year old point and shoot.

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

wow - neat little kit! it's been a LONg time since i made sushi, but this is getting me interested in trying again :)

Lisa said...

Wow... sushi for two bucks? You are the envy of Dutch women!