Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

For years when we lived in Vancity we hosted a Super Bowl party. The party usually involved deep frying pounds and pounds of chicken wings with assorted tasty sauces. In our little apartment we would crowd up to 20 people. There was some watching of the game, but usually there was lots of chatter, food and fun.

Then we moved to the 'burbs. No one from Vancity makes the trip and no one here seems to watch the game! In fact, the church we attend has their AGM tonight. (Luckily, we aren't members so don't feel beholden to go)

This year it was just our little family. No chicken wings, but some tasty beef dip sandwiches. My team won, much to Hubby's dismay.

It's 7:30pm the girls are being tucked into bed, I'm brewing my tea and preparing to ice 24 cupcakes for Bear's Valentine party tomorrow.

This life in the 'burbs...sometimes it is just lacking...

4 comments:

JD said...

Last night I was sitting in my bedroom, watching the snow fall and was thinking of all those good times. I think for the first time in my life I was sad to not be watching some good ol american football!

Nadia said...

Thanks Jackie...we missed you too!

Niki said...

Too bad you sold your apartment, eh? Or you could go back to your city life! ;)

Apart from having grandparents visiting, we would have come if given an invite. Not saying I personally would have actually watched the game, but I like friends and fellowship. The game was on here at our house and some did watch it with much interest.

Nadia said...

Sorry Niki..I guess we thought the frews would be hanging tight since you just got back from your trip!

Besides, at this point I'd rather be debt free than live in the city! =-)