Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am Canadian.

I consider myself patriotic. My parents chose this country, I am first generation Canadian. When I live in the USA, it was clear where my loyalties lay.

But, then the Olympics came to town.
I've sung O Canada more in 2 weeks than in 36 years.
I wore a red sweater constantly.
I put tattoos on my face and neck.
I've refused to feed my children until a hockey game was over.
I listened to the song I believe a million times and welled up every time.
I screamed in victory and agonized at defeat.

It's been a great 2 weeks.

I. AM. CANADIAN.

ps. Please notice my name is embedded in CANADIAN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That name thing embedded in "CaNADIAn".... VERY cool!!! And yes, I'm also proud to say.... I. AM. CANADIAN!!! Tracy.

kelly ens said...

awesome :)
yeah CANADA!