Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm 37 and this is post 365.

I feel like this post should be deep and meaningful, some grand summation of this past year. And I want it to be that, but the reality is that my day was really busy and I'm kinda tired.....

When I started this last year on my birthday, it was a spur of the moment decision. I didn't know if I'd have something to say everyday, or if anyone would even read it. It grew to be so much more than what I could have even dreamed of. I learned so much this year about myself, my family, friends and even strangers. I remember speaking with a wise counsellor friend in the early spring of last year who told me that I needed to "be known more deeply by others". My response to her was that I didn't know how to do that. This blog has become that vehicle for me and in turn has helped me verbalize in person with some trusted friends.

I have never been so honest about my struggles as a parent, wife and friend as I have on this blog. I have begun to articulate what is important to me in terms of faith, community, hospitality and life values. I have stirred up trouble for myself on this blog and some good conversations. I have learned from others, been encouraged by comments and challenged in so many different ways.

My life is rich in so many ways because of the following people:
  • My Hubby who has loved me for the last 12.5 years. He has stood by me as I blogged about our life and who weathered several storms that I caused. He is a man of deep character, unfailing optimism and who consistently puts our family first in his list of priorities. I am a lucky woman.
  • Pookie, my first born. My beautiful, kind hearted daughter who loves fiercely, is so creative, whose sense of style I should emulate...this girl is growing up far too fast!
  • Bear, my baby who is no longer a baby. My green eyed trouble maker with a twinkle in her eye. My girl who still loves to cuddle, and whose heart is full of love for others....time needs to slow down!
  • Friends who give words of encouragement and rebuke, who brings gifts of seeds, music and books because they know me, who share meals, drink coffee and listen.
  • Family, parents and siblings who support us even when they don't understand us.

I couldn't possibly count the blessings of this past year, but I know this. God, in His infinite mercy, has poured out His Love to me through YOU. And for that I am thankful.

Amen.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go! One whole year is a BIG accomplishment!

kelly ens said...

agreed - a whole year of blogging is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! :)
and PS. Happy Birthday!

Tracy said...

Thanks for 365 posts & sharing with us all. And BTW... your posts were all meaningful.

Niki said...

Amazing! You accomplished the goal you set of 365! Good job! I've looked forward your daily thoughts.