Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wearing Pink.

Today I woke to the giggles of Pookie and Bear sorting through their dressers in search of the ultimate pink outfit. It was a tough decision, they only have about 143 choices.
My life used to be less pink. I used to actively dislike pink, deeming for those girls.

Then I had Pookie. And a baby shower. I received 40 gifts, 40 outfits in every shade of pink imaginable. I was horrified.

Fast forward 4 years and I got my first pink shirt from my mom. Pookie begged me to wear it and the smile on her face broke my last line of defence against the pink onslaught. Now, I have half a dozen pink type shirts in my wardrobe and to this day, the girls love it when I wear them.

Today I was the only one in my office wearing pink. The lone splash of colour in a sea of dark blue, brown and black. True, I'd rather be P!nk than Pinkalicious, but I rocked the pink today.

1 comment:

julie anna said...

I was a little disappointed at my school that people are so much more into Halloween or "twin day" than pink shirt day. Oh well. I'm glad you and the girls were participating!