Saturday, February 19, 2011

Signs of new life

Last year I bought this hydrangea plant. It bloomed beautifully through the summer and fall and then started to hibernate. It dried up and became this nasty looking bunch of sticks. Then, to add insult to injury, I hacked away at it in January when I locked myself out of the house and needed something to do. Needless to say, I wasn't overly hopeful that it had survived the winter...until today. Today, I saw some shoots of green. It gave me hope that perhaps both myself and the hydrangea had survived the wet, greyness that is life in a rainforest.

1 comment:

ACJ said...

This is my favourite thing about gardening - it's so forgiving. My neighbours think I'm a gardener and often ask what to do next and I always say, Just try it. It's hard to wreck stuff in a permanent way out there.

That burst of hydrangea is a good reminder that it is always worth looking for Life. I needed that reminder this week.