Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am a Movie Star!

OK, not really. But today my house was transformed into a "set" and I was the star.

The reality is that I was asked to do a dvd segment for my workplace. A dvd that would go to 180 churches and be shown at gathering of many folks...pretty much my total nightmare! Me on film, speaking in my "sick" voice for hundreds of people to see. Awesome.

On the upside, I got to hang out with a very cool guy from work. A good friend came to hang out with the Bear. And we got 'er done.

But I probably shouldn't have watched all those blooper reels on YouTube yesterday. I screwed up so many times that I could have my own blooper dvd...and some of it wasn't pretty.

Another cool thing that happened today was that I got an email from Dooce.

So today, I'm a rock star.

5 comments:

ACJ said...

1) You got an email from Dooce? Did you tell her your Dooce story?? O.M.G. So cool.

2)It's not a "sick" voice. It's *sultry*.

Nadia said...

1).I know right? I had actually read her book (see a post from a couple of days ago) and shot off a quick email letting her know I appreciated it. I assumed that she gets a million emails and she says herself that she doesn't reply...so I am feeling pretty good about it.

2). It is not sultry, its mannish.

julie anna said...

I am SO jealous about the Dooce email. Too cool!

Megan and Erik said...

Love Dooce! It is a must read every day. So jealous you got an e-mail...did you borrow her book from the Library? If not, I would love to borrow it from you.

Nadia said...

Meg, I still have the book from the library. I'll try and get it to you.