Saturday, May 1, 2010

The trouble with tire swings.

Today we attempted to walk for charity. We did one lap, then spent the next 2 hours eating hot dogs, watching a friend play T-ball and playing in the park. Finally, after lots of longing looks, Pookie seized the opportunity to play on the tire swing. Bear and their friend G hopped on too. Tons of giggles with a fairly gentle spinning motion and swing...all was good.

Until I turned away to chat with someone and some preteen boys took over the pushing. In their defence, they are sweet boys with good hearts, just trying to give me a break. However, they were a bit over exuberant with the spinning. When I turned back, the kids were spinning so fast they were a blur.

I could hear Bear screaming and I ran over to stop the swing. Bear was stark white and dry heaving, Pookie and G could barely walk. I had to hold Bear for several minutes for her to regain her equilibrium and ended up carrying her into the van. She fell asleep on the ride home.

Lesson learned. Kids + tire swing + enthusiastic preteen boys = vomit.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, fun + not fun all at the same time!
Connor lost his first tooth on the tire swing at Keats (long before it was due to come out...)
Sounds like that was NOT a good ride! Glad she didn't get seriously hurt!
Miss you guys!

Niki said...

Oh my! Glad no one fell off though.