Friday, May 14, 2010

New Music

For Mother's Day I got spoiled by my family and one of the gifts included an Itunes gift card. Perfect timing because the new Jennifer Knapp album dropped on Tuesday!




Knapp set the Christian world buzzing with the release of her new album and the announcement that she was gay. Since I tend toward the liberal side of things, this really didn't affect me either way. I was just excited that she had done new music since I was a huge fan and was slightly surprised when she dropped off the face of music in the early 2000's.

The album is great! I've listened to it a few times. I think you could get trapped into the line of thinking that it is all about "the fuss", but the reality is that you could put yourself into these lyrics just as easily. Plus I've also been a big fan of people, but especially women, who write their own music and play instruments. Just seems more authentic and you know, based on actual talent! (But I could be biased...I'm sure that are redeeming qualities in people who don't do that in the music biz)

If you are interested in reading some articles, click on the following links:

Christianity Today

Larry King Interview

AfterEllen (this is a site dedicated to gay and bisexual folks..do not go there if you will be offended)

2 comments:

julie anna said...

The best part of the Larry King interview for me was hearing what Ted Haggard had to say. Fascinating.

And thanks for sending that song today. Good timing, good music. Love it.

Nadia said...

Yeah, I've only gotten to the end of part 2 since the little ones are around a lot.

Glad you like the song...wasn't sure when 'P-day' was coming, but it sounds like its right now!

Sending love and strength from the wee village!