Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Play that funky music...."

I love music, all kinds. You can usually tell what kind of mood I'm in depending on the music playing. But since having kids, I've really been careful in the type of music I play with the girls around. However, since I grew up listening to Belafonte, Marley and Seger, I've decided that exposing the girls to a carefully selected variety of music is not a bad thing.

But today, Bear reminded me just how quickly kids pick up on songs and lyrics. Especially when I heard her rapping along with the song, "Wavin' the flag".

But I have to admit, it gives me a secret thrill to see my 4 year old, nodding her head to the beat while rapping the lyrics...the same way I love hearing Pookie sing in perfect pitch to a worship song...

They get that from me...oh yeah, definitely from me!

***except I don't have perfect pitch...but let's just pretend shall we?***

No comments: