Sunday, December 5, 2010

3rd Annual Advent Open House

Today was our Open House. The girls were a little excited. And by me saying a little, I mean A LOT. As in awake at 6:30am, dressed by 7 and room cleaned by 7:15am. Too bad for them, it didn't start till 2, but it started off slow. Then at 4 pm we got slammed! I think at one point there were 20 kids running around upstairs and 20 adults downstairs.

I really do love having a houseful of people, chatting, drinking and getting to know each other. The best part is how different parts of our lives seems to converge in gatherings like these. I love seeing people would wouldn't normally cross paths sit down and share a plate of food and a drink together.

It is like a little glimpse of heaven to me, all chaotic and beautiful.

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

very cool :) I'm sorry we weren't able to show. we ended up at my inlaws later than we had anticipated.
anyway, glad it went well!

Jay said...

Glad it went well. Sorry we missed out, Ken had a animation deadline and was in his office till almost 1am working.

Nadia said...

It was really chaotic here, probably best for your little ones that you couldn't make it! ;-)