Friday, December 17, 2010

Middle Canada

This part of Middle Canada has some quirks that I always remember when I get here:

  • Houses are made out of brick, not wood.
  • Houses tend to be smaller, but with crazy huge underground basements.
  • It is so cold here.
  • So cold, that my brother in law has built a massive ice rink in his front yard. We are hoping we get to skate on it before we leave.
  • Everything is cheaper here, gas (16 cents cheaper), food, housing.
  • There isn't a lot of ethnic diversity. And when I say not a lot, I mean I didn't see an Asian person at all and maybe one other non white person. It's not bad, just so radically different than the West Coast.
  • There is a Dutch store here that carries anything and everything you could ever want. I spent a lot of money there today! And when I say me, I mean my mil!
And the best part of Middle Canada? The family of course! So far I've seen most of our immediate family, siblings, nieces and nephews, and one uncle. And that is just in the 24 hours we've been here. Middle Canada, it's good here.

No comments: