Monday, December 6, 2010

Puppets + Imagination = Family Bedtime Stories

There are a few things out of my comfort zone as a parent. Eating food that has already been in my child's mouth, explosive diarrhea and making up stories on the fly.

Tonight's advent activity was puppet making and story telling...proof that I love my kids more than my own comfort.

First off we needed to make some puppets, brown lunch bags, pencil crayons and stickers. Hubby and I each made one, Bear made 4, Pookie made 7. Then up to their bedroom to hear the stories. Hubby went first using whatever was in the room. Then Bear giggled her way through her little story. Then it was my turn. Suffice it to say that my story ended fairly quickly after my puppet planted magic sunflowers seeds with her mouth cause she had no arms. Everyone started laughing so hard, I lost my train of thought. And Bear laughed so hard she farted, which basically meant we all started laughing again.

Then the superstar of the family stepped up to the plate and delivered the winning story. Pookie's story had multiple characters, drama, horror, dragons, dogs and ultimately a love story between Amy and Ralph. It was a 3 chapter story. I think she could have kept going if we hadn't said, "The End". The imagination on that kid is just brilliant.

Family Advent memories in making...

2 comments:

Niki said...

Fantastic! So obviously it was worth getting out of your comfort zone, eh?

Love hearing your advent family times are going well, Nadia. Life has been a bit excessively busy around here and I need to make this a priority tomorrow night when we are all home. :)

Nadia said...

We've been crazy busy too, but the girls keep us honest and on track...aka they whine until we do the activity! But it was great and I'm always glad we do it.