Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Sunday of Advent

Advent, a season of waiting and anticipation. A journey to Bethlehem, the birthplace of the Christ Child.

Advent Lighting Liturgy ~ written by friends at GCBC

One: Why do we light one candle?
All: This light reminds us to listen for the voice of the One who brings us hope.

One: Why do we light two candles?
All: The light of the second candle reminds us to listen for the voice of the One who brings us peace.

One: Why do we light three candles?
All: The light of the third candle reminds us to listen for the voice of the One who brings us joy.

One: Why do light four candles?
All: The light of the fourth candle reminds us to listen for the voice of the One who brings us love.

3 comments:

april johnson said...

nadia, will you keep posting?! or, message me... been scouring the web for *good* advent resources, and been striking out. can't strike out with good ol' GCBC! :-)

Nadia said...

Sure April, what are you looking for? Stuff to do with Tres? Or to teach on? I was thinking of doing a little Advent reflection at the bottom of each post...or maybe on my other blog? Will keep you posted.

april johnson said...

well, I guess both... Want to start family advent traditions at home, but also in our church. I did a lesson on hope for the kids at children's church this sun. (one room, wide age range. 2-10ish.), and when I was telling richard about it, he was excited & wants to incorporate the celebration of advent with the adults.. but isn't familiar with it. So I was doing lots of googling & just not coming up with anything... Not sure exactly what I was looking for, just know that I didn't find it! I will be tuned in to your posts for further word. :-)