Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Ultimate Slumber Party

Last night 5 lovely young women came to our house and had a slumber party with the girls. As in, Hubby and I had a night away in a bed and breakfast, while they partied with Pookie and Bear.
There were homemade pizzas, toenail painting, dance party and movie watching. Then muffins and tea in the morning and church.

It was quite beautiful to walk into church with these 5 girls, aged 18-21, some that we have known since they were as young as our girls. They come from all different ethnic backgrounds, our very own little United Nations crew. Lots of people asked me how I knew the girls. There are lots of different answers I could give:
  • They are my entourage
  • Hubby's harem
  • We were the 'Angelina and Brad' of the Drive and we adopted all of them
  • They were once kids in our programs, teens in my youth group
The reality is that they are our family, pure and simple. And we are so blessed to have them in our lives.

No comments: