Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A mishmash of thoughts...

I finished the book. When I read the 'sex' chapter, tears rolled down my face and I fell off the couch laughing. When I read it to Hubby, he wasn't quite so amused...possibly because it hit too close to home??!!?? I think there needs to be a version that is less prone to four letter words and more relevant to women who are living the same life, but with a faith aspect. But not like other Christian women books which talk about praying more about sex and parenting; but acknowledging the good, bad and ugly of life with a husband, kids, work etc. I'm hoping my friend, ACJ takes up the challenge!

Day 3 of our Advent box tradition, board games with the girls. Both an exercise in frustration and fun family time.

One of my favourite Christmas CDs is Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong ~ The First Noel/Mary Mary is my go-to song. Listen to it here.

It took me an hour and a half to get to work today and an hour to get home. I knew there was a reason that I like going in so early...there was even a rush hour at my drive through coffee place!

This post is symptomatic of my day...scattered.

4 comments:

julie anna said...

The commute was BRUTAL today! Even going the opposite direction! Glad you survived and had some good music to help you along the way.

ACJ said...

... perhaps we need to meet for coffee to hand off the book and set up our Writing Group? 2011 is the year of the book, right?

Nadia said...

The book is a library find, so go request it now. 2011, year of the book...sounds just about right to me!

Nadia said...

Julie - I don't know how people do it...it is a bit soul killing. Right now we have JD with the girls, so I don't need to rush home, but in the new year, I feel some rush hour panic attacks coming.