Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Warning: Post contains excessive bragging.

I'm not going to lie...I think my girls are awesome. Exceptional even. But I try not to brag too much about them.

HOWEVER...I can't resist this time. Their school had a art "contest" of sorts where each child was encouraged to draw a picture of a season. 12 pictures would be chosen and turned into cards that would then be sold in a box with envelopes as a fundraiser. Both Pookie and Bear's pictures were chosen! Not that I'm bragging or anything....but I'm a pretty proud mama!

Pookie's picture titled: Summer: A playful day - Rainbows under the water



Bear's picture titled: Spring: Bear is hiding

6 comments:

ACJ said...

Yeah, that deserves some bragging. Aside from the coolness of being picked, the art itself is pretty kick ass. I hope someone sends me a card or two so that I can put them on my fridge. Or maybe even frame one...

Nadia said...

I could, maybe do that. The problem is that in the box I bought only has 1 of each card. I wanted to buy a box that had 6 of Pookie's and 6 of Bear's...but no such luck. Think it would be tacky to find parents to 'trade' with?

Niki said...

You have every reason to brag! Such great art and so cool to be chosen winners!

Yes, too bad you could not just get your own kids' cards, since those are the ones you really want to send others!

Lisa said...

That's awesome! Way to go, girls!

april johnson said...

nice work, little Vander Artists!!! Four thumbs up!!! (teo for each painting.)

april johnson said...

ummmmmm TWO.