Friday, April 16, 2010

A date with Pookie

Pookie and I needed some one on one time. So today after Hubby came home and the twins went home, we had a date. First we went to buy a birthday present for a friend's party. Then to our local ice cream shop for a treat. It is fun to be able to focus on the rambling stream of words of Pookie without distraction. The kid's mind is unbelievable. She spoke more in those 30 mins of ice cream time than I did in the day! Then off to a swanky hair salon for hair cuts.

Pookie is against hair cuts. She doesn't like them. Doesn't want them. She envisions herself with long flowing hair. It is becoming less of an issue now that Pookie spends more time brushing her own hair and making it "pretty". So I convinced her that a trim would actually speed up the hair growing and that it would make her hair healthy. So she decided to go first. And from that point on, it didn't matter that I was there. Pookie and her stylist had a grand ole time! They chatted about school, hair, my hair....Pookie got her hair blow dried and styled. She loved it!

As I sat off to the side and watched my daughter, I had visions of how stunning she is going to look as she gets older. And how much money we are going to have to earn to keep her in the fashion she desires!

I love that kid.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Where's the photo??

Nadia said...

There's really no point, since no one can tell she got her hair cut!