Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The mysterious fever

Pookie has been having a mysterious fever that appears and disappears at will. It leaves her alternately lethargic and energetic. There is no rhythm or reason to it. So this means that Pookie has been off school for 2 days. Yesterday, it made sense. Today, it was just annoying.

At one point she was running laps around the house. Then an hour later she was burning up in my arms. A mother that I bumped into today suggested it was fifth's disease.

I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous sickness. You may or may not have a rash and the fever comes and goes. If my kid is going to be sick, be sick! Not this on and off junk that makes me keep a kid at home of the off chance she might be sick.

It is not good for either of us. Yay for early bedtimes and beautiful sleeping daughters.

2 comments:

julie anna said...

I distinctly remember my poor mother going crazy when I was home with pink eye as a kid. Feeling fine + extremely contagious = insane cabin fever.

Hope it clears up soon!

Anonymous said...

Ibuprofen lasts 6-8 hours... that's a school day, right?!? T.