Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pookie's Walk a thon

Today my darling dramatic daughter participated in her school walk a thon. 10 km. Too be fair to Pookie, that IS far. However, her legs didn't fall off, she didn't faint, or get dirty. All things she was C.O.N.V.I.N.C.E.D. was going to happen. I also heard from one of the parents, who organized the walk a thon, that the tarps and burlap sacks on the various activities were placed there specifically for my daughter.( This was after the walk a thon had ended) Apparently Pookie told this mother, the day before, that she was NOT crawling in the dirt and that she would dress in white to make sure that didn't happen. Oh child of mine....

4 comments:

JD said...

how funny! Your daughter rocks!

julie anna said...

I can not even imagine walking 10K with a class of six-year-olds. Most of the kids I work with can barely manage a ten minute walk to the bus stop! Kudos to Pookie and her school!

Nadia said...

They made the kindies do it too! Although I think they shaved off a 1km...but still!

Lisa said...

Way to go, girl!!