Saturday, April 3, 2010

My little Evangelist...


Pookie loves God. She loves learning about Him, talking about Him and teaching about Him. In school they did a resurrection egg project using a dozen plastic egg. Each egg has an element of the crucifixion/resurrection story. It was amazing to Hubby and I to hear her on Thursday tell the story in such great detail. Since today was our family Easter meal with my parents, sister and sister's new boyfriend, Pookie was eager to retell the story.

My family has no faith background, so it is always interesting to celebrate Christian holidays with them. I had told Pookie that she must ask permission to tell the story out of respect to my family and that it was OK for them to say no....Of course they said Yes and seemed very intrigued by the story with Hubby and I filling in bits and pieces.

Pookie, my little Evangelist...I love that kid.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Preach it Pokie! Awesome!

Lisa said...

Awesome!
Blessed Easter! We missed you especially today!
(((hugs))) for you all.

Lisa said...

PS Do you have an outline of what was in the eggs? I was looking for this devotion for my class but couldn't find it...

Nadia said...

Pookie's eggs:
Cut out of a donkey(palm Sunday)
Picture of praying hands (the garden)
Communion cup for last supper
3 dimes for 30 pieces of silver
Strip of leather for whip
Crown of thorns
3 nails
1 dice for casting lots
spear
piece of white cloth for burial
rock for tomb
empty egg.

Lisa said...

Great! Thanks!