Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The last hold outs...

Today was a difficult day in our household, we experienced a tragic loss. I am coping well, the girls seem fine, but I don't know how Hubby is holding up. He is walking around the house in a daze and there may be a sheen of tears in his eyes when he thinks I'm not looking. He thinks it will take a good while before he can talk about it. I've assured him that I'm here for him when he is ready to talk about these feelings of loss, pain and confusion.

We've lost a good friend to the 'dark side'...and now we are left wondering...what happened? How could we have stopped this? We have no answers.

What is this tragedy that has befelled us?

We are now officially the last of our friend group that does not own a giant flat screen TV.

Today we visited a friend's house and his wife sheepishly pointed us into the living room where the new addition sat. For so long we walked side by side with this family, steadfast in our desire not to have one of these TVs in our house. And now we walk alone...

Pep talks don't seem to be working. Hubby is starting to sound suspiciously like the girls when denied a new toy. I've tried appealing to his reason, i.e.: we don't have the money. I've tried appealing to his pride, i.e.: Be proud that you are unique! I've tried appealing to his parental side, i.e.: We tell the girls they can't have everything they want, you have to model that. And I've even tried to spiritually manipulate him, i.e.: Do not covet your neighbour's ass, or in this case, TV.

I'm not sure if Hubby will make it through....pray for us.

2 comments:

JD said...

until paragraph four i was sooo worried...

DONT GET A FLAT SCREEN!!!

april j said...

we don't have one... Yet... ;-)