Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ice blocking and onion planting

Today was a glorious sunny day in our village. So what better activity than ice blocking???

Actually, what really happening is that a good friend with 5 rugrats was heading to a local park with killer hills. We meet another mom with 3 rugrats there and she had brought 5 ice blocks. The kids were having a blast sliding down the hill on these blocks of ice. Pookie was enjoying a day with the grandparents, so it was just Bear and I to try it out. Bear wanted no part of it until I put her on my lap and my bum on this wee ice block. We picked up a good deal speed and wiped out in the mud...smiles all around!

Unfortunately Bear and I had to quit the fun early in order to come home to hang out with twins that I'm taking care of for some extra cash. We packed a snack/picnic and headed over to our little plot of land. The girls alternated between playing in the park and planting onions sets.

All in all, 5+ hours outside = one tired mom and happy kids...

No comments: