Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Turning into one of THOSE parents...

It's happening...

I can feel it...

I am turning into one of THOSE parents. You know, the ones that over schedule their kids into umpteen activities?!!??

That is me today.

In my defense, it suddenly seems as though the girls are developing personalities around activities. And by that I mean, that they are willing to try NEW! and DIFFERENT! activities..ones that are artistic and active. And I got kinda excited. Plus, we have a tiny teeny amount of extra cash, so it is not stressful to think about it.

So, for the next couple of months Pookie is doing swimming and piano until the end of May/June and pottery for 6 weeks. The swimming was my idea, but Pookie has been teaching herself the piano for a month or so at home and the pottery is with 2 school friends....both activities that she is really happy about.

With Bear we just kinda realized that we needed some stuff to do on the days she doesn't have school. So, like Pookie, she is doing swimming one day a week, a soccer class for girls (Yay!) and a cooking class. She REALLY wanted the cooking class, but when she showed interest in the soccer, I couldn't resist. (initially I had said she had to choose, but when she had a tough time I wanted to jump on the soccer interest)

This is a pretty fun stage where the girls are starting to discover these aspects of themselves. I just need to stock up on good books, travel coffee mugs and a good attitude..(and some serious meal planning)

No comments: