Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday's Meal

One of my favourite things about Monday is that my dear Hubby is home. Which also means he is in charge of making dinner. Today I came home to find Hubby poring over a cookbook which has all sorts of recipes for wraps. He picked one that had rice, beans, red peppers, mango, cilantro and a host of spices and lime juice. It looked delicious and exactly what the girls WOULD NOT eat.

Here is everyone's reactions to dinner:(keep in mind that we did not put the black beans in the girls' wraps)

Pookie: What is this green stuff? I don't like it. No, I didn't taste it, I know I don't like it! I'm choking!!

Bear: I like mango and rice, but this is too spicy! My tongue is burning off and my tummy says it is too full.

Me: I like it...might take it a bit easier on the cilantro, vinegar & lime juice.

Hubby: I agree, but I'll eat it all and take it to work.

Needless to say, I made the girls wraps with rice and mango after a sufficient amount of negotiation.

Hey, you can't complain if your Hubby makes dinner. I admired his boldness. He's a keeper!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't complain if your Hubby makes dinner!!! He is a keeper. T.