Thursday, July 15, 2010

Attack of the killer mosquitoes!

Earlier this week I dreamt that my arm was on fire. I woke up to discover that although my arm wasn't on literal fire, it was burning, swollen and bright red....due to 22 mosquito bites.

I spent over an hour in the middle of the night trying to track down the little bugger and was totally unsuccessful. When I took my shower in the morning, I saw my tormentor all fat and satisfied in the bathroom. Smashing it was therapeutic, along with copious amounts of cream and Clartin to relive the itching.

Then, the next night it happened again! Less bites and Hubby managed to kill the little bugger when he got home from papers.

Then last night was the last straw. I started getting dive bombed around 1:45am. I tried to hold out till Hubby left to start my hunting...but I couldn't. I turned on the bathroom light and searched as quietly as possible. Finally the stupid thing landed on me and one slap later, I was tucked back into bed. Just as I was falling back to sleep ANOTHER one landed by my ear. Do they have a ear radar? Seriously! Back on went the bathroom light and a louder slap got the one on the wall. That sound woke up Hubby who then decided to go do his papers. Without a word of a lie, literally 15 minutes later 1 more mosquito started his campaign of abuse against me. An hour of hunting and nothing. Finally I gave up and hid under the covers.

Then Hubby came home and found my prey in the bathroom and dispatched it with manly efficiency. But the damage had been done...I am covered in bites again.

So much for home being a sanctuary! Stupid mosquitos!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Better luck in your tent trailer!?! I guess I'm blessed with blood that mosquitoes don't really enjoy. Happy scratching my friend ~ or trying not to scratch.