Monday, August 2, 2010

The 3/4 meal

Today we sat down to a dinner that was 3/4ths produced/grown by me. Since I'm not going to be raising and killing my own chickens anytime soon...the meat was the lone interloper of the bunch. We've had a couple of 1/2 meals before...but I'm getting close!

HOWEVER, now that I have friends in the chicken biz, and based on my garden's production, I predict that I can have my first 100 mile/locally grown and produced full meal in about 3 weeks. Start to finish.

Now...if I could only find guests to share it with me...

3 comments:

julie anna said...

Is that an invitation? ;)

Nadia said...

Always! Although it would be close to weddingpalooza...well, I'll ask closer to the date.

Niki said...

We're always up for a free meal, especially one that is home grown!!