Sunday, August 8, 2010

My arteries are hardening as I type...

When I was pregnant with Pookie, I craved deep fried food. Mostly I wanted McDonald french fries. EVERYDAY. It got to the point that Hubby would refuse to drive a route that involved McDonalds to avoid my whining. (A great learning tool now that we have kids!)

Then one day, in a fit of hormonal overload, we bought a deep fryer.

OH. MY.

Now, when all the stars align, and there are chicken drumsticks in my freezer and oil in my cupboard, I make deep fried chicken. Crispy goodness with a sodium rush. I love it. Now some of you may not know the secrets to a good marriage, but here is one:

Acknowledge and affirm the different ways of seasoning fried chicken.
I am an old school seasoning salt and corn flake crumb fried chicken kind of girl. I like the dry and salty taste. Hubby is a sauce guy. He likes hot, spicy saucy fried chicken. Of course we peel off the skin and just give the girls the meat...no need to harden their arteries quite yet.

Now here I sit, typing this quickly before I fall into a post fried chicken fog...but it was so worth it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Better home fried chicken than KFC... which is what we had for lunch. Not good for the arteries or the gluteus maximus!!!

Jay said...

AMEN!

ACJ said...

Next it'll be chitlins... you can take a girl out of the city, but you can't take the city outta the girl I guess. I didn't even know it was legal to buy deep-fat fryers up here...