Monday, August 23, 2010

Another harvest

Due to the craziness that is working full time, my veggie gardening has gone by the wayside. Tonight I dragged the girls over there with threats of early bedtime if there was whining. Though I still harbour dreams of deep thoughtful conversations around growing food with the girls, I really just need to settle down and enjoy the fact that they ate a 1/4 pound of raw beans whilst I was harvesting the rest.

Today's haul: 5 pounds of green beans, 1 pound of purple peacock beans, dozen orange and purple carrots and 1 green pepper.

Should make for a great dinner tomorrow with some my fresh potatoes and grilled BBQ chicken.

2 comments:

ACJ said...

What do you do with 5lbs of green beans?

Nadia said...

Blanch and freeze. Enjoy in dark winter months.