Monday, August 16, 2010

Working mothers unite!

I am a working mom rookie. Even though I've worked since the girls were born, it has been mainly part time with really flexible hours. In fact, I haven't worked full time since 2 days before Pookie was born, seven years ago.

So imagine my shock at how very hard it is to figure out life when you are away from your house nearly 10 hours a day. And there are kids waiting for you to feed them, play with them, have clean clothes ready etc...

Don't get me wrong. Even when I was home full time, there were days where I still had no idea what I was making for dinner at 5pm. It just seems a tad more overwhelming now that I get home shortly before 5.

Even now as I type, I am wondering if there is actually enough food for my kids and their babysitter tomorrow. When does one go grocery shopping or do laundry? Am I supposed to be doing that instead of crashing on the couch with ice cream and a really good book? (cause I may not have any other food, but I got 6 tubs of ice cream in the freezer!)

This is the book I'm reading right now. I love books that make me laugh out loud...cause I think I'm going to need it these next 3 months!


***Check out her blog, Adventures in Chaos***

No comments: