Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blushing

We are not a family of blushers. Hubby and the girls have an olive tone to their skin and I, of course, am brown...so blushing is not easily shown. However, both Hubby and I have been put in to situations where the embarrassment factor was so high that we both turned bright red.

Hubby: While we were at our friends' C & J's wedding, we were all surprised by a impromptu belly dance. Hubby was standing with 2 other guys (one single, one married). The woman started dancing towards them fairly slowly, but definitely headed towards them. Hubby got this total "deer in the headlights" look, and just as she moved within a foot or two, Hubby and the other married guy bolted, leaving the one guy to face her. I have never seen Hubby so red-faced and move so fast! I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

Me: In the last 2 days I have been subject to merciless teasing by some of my co-workers. Earlier this spring I did a dvd which got sent around Western Canada. Apparently, a few people thought the shirt I wore was a bit too revealing and voiced some displeasure. Now, for those who know me, the idea of me wearing a risque shirt is pretty laughable. In fact, I still get shy when Hubby teases me! So, since we are in meetings together for a few days, some of my co-workers have taken upon themselves to tease me a bit about it. At one point, it was so bad, my face was burning up and apparently was bright red.

Makes me thankful that blushing isn't a daily occurrence for me!


1 comment:

Quiet Monster said...

I just saw the pics of the wedding-and the belly dancer:) Allie actually found them first-she was laughing at the height difference in the pic with you guys flanking the wedding couple...it was so cute-your friend looked as if she was in awe of his height:) Did you get any shots of Jeff's expression when the belly dancer came toward them?
Ann