Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's been a while...

This blog is meant for capturing the moments with my girls....that gets a little hard when I feel like my time with them is VERY limited.

Today when I came to pick up the girls from my parents, they were watching a movie. Pookie, as per usual, was totally engrossed. Bear wanted to go do something and was poking me to get my attention. So we decided to go for a walk around the lagoon. My dad joined us with some bread and seeds for the ducks. As we left the house, Bear tucked her hand in mine and happily chattered away.

As I looked down at her, I think my heart stuttered a bit with the love I have for that kid. She is 2.5 weeks away from turning 5. No longer my preschooler/baby. I was so grateful for that little walk with her and my dad today.

Since Hubby was working late, the girls and I had a dinner of gummy bears and popcorn and jelly sandwiches...cuddled up on the couch watching Madagascar. It was a simple time of reconnecting with these two little souls.

I think we all needed it.

No comments: